Environmental Awareness enables the children to :
- acquire practical skills
- lead groups
- work collaboratively on a variety of projects
- explore environmental issues
- have an impact on their school environment
- develop wild-life friendly areas
- understand and appreciate the rural nature of our community.
The RSPB visited school in January to promote The Big Garden Birdwatch. They spoke to all the children about watching and identifying birds and feeding them.
As a part of their Environmental awareness studies, the Year 5/6 children made bird feeders and put them around the school grounds. They also made tropical birds to coincide with their project of the Rainforest.